Friday, April 30, 2010

Single: Sub Pop Edition #16 Blues Control - "Snow Day / Paul's Winter Solstice"


I have a feeling you might have to already be a Blues Control fan to appreciate this one but I guess you never know.

Both of the tracks on this single are really orchestral and delicately hypnotic, and if you're into really intricate and experimental instrumental stuff then this might just be for you. Personally, I think I'm going to have to give this one a few more chances since it doesn't have as much of a backbone as I'd normally like and I lack the immediate patience for it - although this is probably due to my fetish for epic doom metal as of late so don't let me stop you from checking this out. I realise my description was less than convincing but there's something strangely beautiful about these tracks so take of it what you will.

1. Snow Day
2. Paul's Winter Solstice

No comments:

Post a Comment